Kid British make their Funkademia DJ debut at the Oxjam night on the 23rd October, we had an exclusive chat with them….
1. What can people expect from your DJ set at Funkademia/Oxjam on the 23rd Oct at Mint Lounge?
You can expect to hear upbeat tunes , a lot of reggae and ska anthems it will be good trust me! .. also playin new tunes from the likes of plan b and eliza doolittle.
2. Who are you most looking forward to catching throughout the whole Oxjam Takeover?
To be honest i dont know much about the bands that are playing so i will probably just wander into afew bars and hopefully catch a gem .I know janice graham are playing and they are mega so will catch there set again .I also will sneak into the main room @ mint lounge to hear what tunes Gareth Brooks is playing .
3. You’ve been spotted a few times at Funkademia, what do you like about it?
The vibe, I love the vibe, the music as well is great and you always get your fair share of eye candy as the girls are nice in there haha!
4. What artists/tunes have been your biggest influence?
For me personally I have grown up listening to reggae music – Gregory Issac, Sugar Minott etc and that has follow through into the music we make now . Artist such as the specials, madness and the streets have shaped me as well.
5. How important do you think events like Oxjam are for supporting local talent as well as raising money for a good cause?
They are very important as it gives local acts to play to a different audience and allows them to start to gather more contacts and a fan base for a good cause .
6. The Northern Quarter is full of Cafes and Bars, any favourite places for a bite to eat/dance/drink?
7. If you could go out with anyone (dead or alive) for a pint, who would it be & why?
Defo Bob Marley, he is an ultimate legend. What he stood for and the songs he made put him in the ultimate legends bracket for me
Buy tickets to see Kid British & Gareth Brooks at Oxjam v Funkademia night on the 23rd October at Mint Lounge